Year 11+ Helping the next generation BE JOB READY!
As a specialist RTO who successfully delivered the Diploma of Project Management course to Year 11 and 12 students in Queensland, we are seeking expression of interest by Queensland schools or Individual students who are seeking an alternate career pathway.
COVID-19 has changed our traditional thinking of leaving high school to pursue tertiary education in University or TAFE, and it has expanded our conversations as to how we, as an RTO, can help support an emerging workforce whose options many have now dramatically changed from attending university to competing for work with experienced adults.
This has led to the formation of a new program that combines a nationally recognised qualification and practical, job-ready skills called BE JOB READY.
As part of the BE JOB READY program, we offer the BSB4151 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice as the nationally recognised qualification. Project management is one of the fastest growing professions and is applicable to any industry from education and health, to research and law. It is a skill that many trades are seeing as vital in their role of helping to rebuild the economy. Project Management encompasses many fundamental work skills and provides the bridge between knowledge and implementation. With numerous entry positions such as project support officer, project or claims coordinator, this program will provide students who may be looking for an alternative career path to gain working experience and a qualification to enable them to be work-ready before they leave high school.
Participants will learn skills that are essential to working in a professional setting and will develop their oral and written communication.
The course will include:
- Language, literacy and numeracy assessment and participants are provided with additional support, if required;
- BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice;
- Improving Written Communication, that involves helping them to prepare their resume and job applications; and
- Personal Development – including PERSONALITY/WORK PROFILE assessment allowing them to better understand their personal strengths and how they will work in a team environment.
- Small class sizes of a maximum 16 participants for an optimum learning environment;
- Six full days (18 days x 7.5hrs) during the Term 1, 2 and 3 school holidays so as not to impact on school learning;
- Daily sessions will run from 9am-5pm to simulate full time working capacity;
- Participants are taught as adults in a professional work environment;
- Taught by qualified and experience facilitators that are experienced and qualified professionals; and
- Venue in dedicated training campus in Fortitude Valley that is located next to train station and public car parking.
By choosing Pro Leaders’ BE JOB READY course for school students looking to enter the workforce, it will allow them to achieve a vocational qualification while they are finishing high school. They may also gain valuable recognition towards their QCE Certificate, an apprenticeship, or further education.