This one-day course is ideal for people who are wanting a quick overview of the essentials to mentoring people within the workplace. This is aimed at anyone wanting to understand the important aspects of mentoring with mixture of theory and practical exercises to provide some foundation for people looking to get started in establish a mentoring relationship with a mentee. This course is delivered face-to-face and is a non-accredited course that will result in a Certificate of Attendance.
The topics that the course will cover includes:
- Difference between mentor and coach;
- Mindset of a mentor;
- Facilitate mentoring relationship;
- Setting up a mentoring session;
- Building rapport;
- Effective listening; and
- Dealing with difficult situations.
This course is offered in the following methods of delivery:
- Classroom training (one (1) full day to complete course); and
- Support distance learning.
Level of difficulty: Beginner/Intermediate
Maximum size group: 16 students
Certificate upon completion: Certificate of Completion