Year 11+ Helping the next generation BE JOB READY!
Introducing the new program that combines a nationally recognised qualification and practical, job-ready skills called BE JOB READY.
As part of the BE JOB READY program, we offer the BSB4151 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice as the nationally recognised qualification for high school students Year 11+.
Project management is one of the fastest growing professions and is applicable to any industry from education and health, to research and law. It is a skill that many trades are seeing as vital in their role of helping to rebuild the economy. Project Management encompasses many fundamental work skills and provides the bridge between knowledge and implementation. With numerous entry positions such as project support officer, project or claims coordinator, this program will provide students who may be looking for an alternative career path to gain working experience and a qualification to enable them to be work-ready before they leave high school.
Participants will learn skills that are essential to working in a professional setting and will develop their oral and written communication.
The course will include:
- Language, literacy and numeracy assessment and participants are provided with additional support, if required;
- BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice;
- PSPGEN049 Undertake Negotiations unit to help them through their interview and negotiate their first job;
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WH&S Policies, procedures & programs to meet legislative requirements in an office environment enabling them to understand safety in the workplace;
- Improving Written Communication, that involves helping them to prepare their resume and job applications; and
- Personal Development – including PERSONALITY/WORK PROFILE assessment allowing them to better understand their personal strengths and how they will work in a team environment.
- Small class sizes of a maximum 16 participants for an optimum learning environment;
- Six full days (18 days x 7.5hrs) during the Term 1, 2 and 3 school holidays so as not to impact on school learning;
- Daily sessions will run from 9am-5pm to simulate full time working capacity;
- Participants are taught as adults in a professional work environment;
- Taught by qualified and experience facilitators that are experienced and qualified professionals; and
- Venue in dedicated training campus in Fortitude Valley that is located next to train station and public car parking.
By choosing Pro Leaders’ BE JOB READY course for school students looking to enter the workforce, it will allow them to achieve a vocational qualification while they are finishing high school. They may also gain valuable recognition towards their QCE Certificate, an apprenticeship, or further education.
- determining project objectives, how to identify project life cycles, along with scope and changes throughout the life cycle.
- planning, implementing and managing costs, scope and time frames of most situations.
- how to manage a procurement or buying processes; and
- identifying risks in order to develop risk management strategies.
- This program will also enable them to understand the fundamentals of negotiation, an excellent skill for the real world.
Life skills everyone needs!
- BSBPMG409 Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBPMG410 Apply project time management techniques
- BSBPMG411 Apply project quality management techniques
- BSBPMG412 Apply project cost management techniques
- BSBPMG414 – Apply project information management and communications techniques
- BSBPMG415 Apply project risk management techniques
- BSBPMG416 Apply project procurement procedures
- BSBPMG417 Apply project life cycle management processes
- BSBPMG418 Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
This course is offered in the following methods of delivery:
- Delivered over School holiday periods
- Applicable to Year 11 to year 12 School students only
- Must have a functional level of English;
- have the capacity for independent learning and group work
Discounts & Payments
We offer a 5% discounts for past students and on bulk enrollments from the same organisation of 3 or more students.