PSP60616 Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting
This qualification is ideal for individuals wanting to confirm or enhance their skills required for employment at executive or senior officer levels in the public sector (Commonwealth, State/Territory, and Local Government). It is also protection for all delegates wishing to minimise their risks when exercising financial and/or procurement delegations.
The Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting is ideal if you work or want to work as a:
- managing strategic procurement;
- an Executive working in programs, projects or a corporate area; or
- seeking to be more competitive for promotion to Executive or Senior Executive level.
This qualification will develop skills to enable you to:
- develop a comprehensive understanding of strategic procurement and contract management in the public sector, including legislative requirements;
- understand the importance of good corporate governance and internal controls;
- support strategic thinking in relation to government procurement issues;
- communicate effectively with staff and other stakeholders; and
- support productive working relationships and achieve results.
PSPETH004 – Maintain and enhance confidence in public service;
PSPGEN067 – Establish and maintain strategic networks;
PSPLEG004 – Manage compliance with legislation in the public sector;
PSPMGT006 – Develop a business case;
PSPMGT007 – Manage risk;
PSPPCM020 – Plan for strategic procurement;
PSPPCM021 – Coordinate strategic procurement;
PSPPCM022 – Negotiate strategic procurement; and
PSPPCM023 – Manage strategic contracts.
PSPGEN066 – Apply government systems;
PSPGEN069 – Foster leadership and innovation;
PSPGEN070 – Persuade and influence opinion;
PSPMGT008 – Formulate business strategies;
PSPMGT010 – Review and improve business performance;
PSPPCY010 – Manage policy implementation.