PSP50616 Diploma of Procurement and Contracting
This qualification is ideal for individuals wanting to progress to the next level in their procurement and contract management career in a middle management position in the public sector. These positions may include Administrative Officer, Executive Level Officer, Contract Manager, supervisor or manager.
The Diploma of Procurement and Contracting is ideal if you work or want to work as a:
- Procurement and Contract Manager in the public sector; or
- private sector contractor seeking more advanced understanding of government procurement processes.
This qualification will develop skills to enable you to:
- conduct more significant procurements, including managing contract performance;
- apply government processes and be able to promote and monitor progress;
- implement policies to ensure compliance with legislation; and
- coordinate risk management activities and manage contract risks.
You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the public sector business environment and develop valuable specialist skills for purchasing, procurement and contracting.
This course consists of nine (9) required units and four (4) elective units:
PSPETH003 – Promote the values and ethos of public service;
PSPGEN049 – Undertake negotiations;
PSPLEG003 – Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector;
PSPPCM008 – Manage contract performance
PSPPCM009 – Finalise contracts
PSPPCM010 – Manage procurement risk;
PSPPCM011 – Plan to manage a contract;
PSPPCM012 – Plan for procurement outcomes; and
PSPPCM013 – Make procurement decisions.
PSPGEN046 – Undertake research and analysis;
BSBWOR502 – Lead And Manage Team Effectiveness;
PSPPCM014 – Participate in budget and procurement review process;